Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Element 9HV doesn't recognize software update on sd card
07-01-19, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-19 03:13 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Element 9HV doesn't recognize software update on sd card
I downloaded the software update from my laptop on to a microSDXC UHS card. The F drive in the laptop showed it downloaded onto the SD card. The card is a Sandisk 64GB card. I followed the directions in the manual but my unit says no file found. It also doesn't recognize a micro SD card was inserted. When I scroll through the pop up boxes to eject the card it doesn't highlight the 3 boxes. When I inserted my avionics card into the unit the GPX reads the software and I can scroll the popup boxes to eject the SD card. So I know it is making contact in the reader.

Any suggestions?

I've also tried using my iPhone as a hotspot to transfer the files but the unit doesn't follow the manual instructions to do the connection.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-19, 04:23 AM
RE: [LW11] Element 9HV doesn't recognize software update on sd card
Dear Chesbay203fs,

Thank you for your post.

Did you format the card? A 64Gb needs to be formatted to NTFS, 32Gb and smaller need to be formatted to FAT32.

The download files needs to be unzipped and all of the individual files need to be copied onto the root directory of the sd card. You then insert the card into the Element and select the check card for software update option.

Did the Element register there was an sd card in the slot even though there was no files on the card or is it not registering the card?

How are you trying to connect to the Element when using your phone as a wifi hotspot?

You need to check online from the pop-over menu>wifi settings>select your wifi hotspot>enter the name and the password of the hotspot and select start.

Make sure the hotspot function is enabled on your phone and you have the correct details.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply