Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] SR150 Not displaying wind & wave graphics
07-16-19, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-19 10:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] SR150 Not displaying wind & wave graphics
Hi Tech,
That data was displaying earlier this year. Neither are Cloud Tops & Marine Forecasts--Marine Zone Areas do display. Nowrad, Storm Casts, etc. is displaying. I have read your response dated 1/10/17, all advice posted there is acknowledged including patch 20150209. I have also had a refresh signal sent by Sirius.

Not Populating:
Marine Zones: Areas are outlined but “No information available” message
Wind Vectors
Wave Direction
Wave Height
Wave Period
Cloud Tops
Surface Pressure

Populating:
Storm Cast
NOWRAD
Storm Tracks
Surface Observation Stations
Marine Zone Stations

Thanks,
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-19, 01:22 PM
RE: [CA11] SR150 Not displaying wind & wave graphics
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

Please specify the version of software which is presently installed within your MFD. Please additionally specify which SiriusXM Marine Weather package was subscribed to your SR150.
07-23-19, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-19 08:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Good Morning Chuck,
E125 running v19.03, Sirius XM Marine Coastal. Again, the graphics that are now not displaying were showing earlier.

Thanks, John
07-23-19, 02:23 PM
John,

I'm waiting for a Coastal subscription ... my present unit has an Offshore subscription. I will update this thread when the subscription has been updated. In the interim, please specify what level of satellite signal strength is being reported within the Weather application?
07-23-19, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-19 07:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
The reading is almost always high, at times--infrequent--it will shift to medium for a few seconds but never below that except for initial MFD startup.
Thanks, John
07-25-19, 12:33 PM
John,

I am not seeing similar results here with my MFD's running LHII v19.03 and a SR150 which has been configured with a SiriusXM Marine Weather Coastal subscription (Service Level = 2). It is recommended that the SR150's diagnostics (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE-DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE->SR150) and that the reported Service Level be examined ... it should be "2" for those with the Coastal subscription. If not, then this surely the issue. In any case (whether it is "2" or not, it would be recommended that SiriusXM be notified of the problem, and to request that the subscription be suspended and that the Coastal subscription be created again. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the MFD's settings and data be backed up, that a System Settings & Data Reset be commanded, and that the system be tested again. Should the problem abate then the backed up settings and data should be restored. However, should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the SR150 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
07-25-19, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-19 07:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Unit checked out as Service Level=2. Spoke with Sirius, they indicated it was an issue that cropped up at times--cycled my subscription & will know in 24 hours the result. If that does not work I'll do the Reset as you recommend--I'll post the forum with results.
Thanks again, John
07-26-19, 07:53 AM
You're welcome.