Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Lighthouse 3 and eS MFD's
07-24-19, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-19 04:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Lighthouse 3 and eS MFD's
Is there a place that shows the product roadmap for Lighthouse 3 as it pertains to the different MFD's that run it? I have 2 eS MFD's and am trying to figure out when lighthouse 3 features will be released for my MFD's.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-19, 04:08 PM
RE: [CA11] Lighthouse 3 and eS MFD's
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kirby,

Raymarine considers product road maps to be proprietary information and subject to change depending upon the needs of the business. As such, Raymarine does not publish such information. Please be aware that LightHouse 3 software for eS/gS-Series MFDs was introduced in January 2018 with LightHouse 3 v3.3.170. Within the last couple of weeks, Raymarine introduced LightHouse 3 v3.10.39 for for eS/gS-Series MFDs.
08-02-19, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-19 07:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck - I can appreciate the need to keep the roadmap proprietary.

I have an extensive set of Raymarine products on my boat and its not clear what will work and what won't when I upgrade to LH3. A couple examples:
1. Navionics on my iPad won't send routes to the MFD. Not a huge deal but a pretty big step back in convenience from LH2 to LH3. We use this feature every day.
2. The autopilot is giving me a 'detecting magnetics' alarm. This didn't happen on LH2 and I have been unable to find documentation on how do rectify. Do I need to update the autopilot software?

Thanks for your time.
08-02-19, 08:00 AM
Kirby,

Q1. Navionics on my iPad won't send routes to the MFD. Not a huge deal but a pretty big step back in convenience from LH2 to LH3. We use this feature every day.
A2. The reports issue had arisen due to problem within the supplied Navionics library files and has been addressed in LightHouse 3 v3.10.39.

Q2. The autopilot is giving me a 'detecting magnetics' alarm. This didn't happen on LH2 and I have been unable to find documentation on how do rectify. Do I need to update the autopilot software?
A2. If the Evolution autopilot's components are not operating with the latest available Raymarine product software updates, then it is recommended that the software within these components be updated accordingly. It is then recommended that a Pilot Factory Reset be commanded, to be followed by the remaining items specified within the FAQ found here be performed. The Detecting Magnetic notification will then appear until the Evolution autopilot has completed determination of the full deviation field surrounding the autopilot's EV-1/EV-2 CCU. The referenced FAQ addresses the how the vessel should be operated to determine the full deviation field surrounding the autopilot's EV-1/EV-2 CCU.
08-02-19, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-19 09:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck! I appreciate you getting back to me. I will do a full audit on the devices on the network to ensure they are all up to date.
08-05-19, 09:29 AM
You're welcome.