Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum Radar
07-29-19, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-19 01:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Quantum Radar
My Quantum radar has been working fine until the other night. We anchored for awhile and when I was ready to head home, I turned on the radar. It hooks up wirelessly. I got a message :self test fail or similar and it will not transmit.

Help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-19, 01:30 PM
RE: [CA11] Quantum Radar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

Did the problem continue afterwards? If so, it would be recommended that the vessel be connected to shore power, that the batteries be permitted to attain full charge, and the radome be tested again. If able to establish communications with the radome, please indicate which version of Quantum software is presently installed within the radome.
08-07-19, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-19 08:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Yes it has continued. I talked with tech support while at the unit. I upgraded to the latest software V1.62, MFD is a C127 running 1903. He had me do a system reset and I also tried to pair them again to no avail.

The exact message was :
Radar Quantum Radome (-50055)
Not available. Scanner failed self-test.
08-08-19, 08:26 AM
Mark,

Given the actions taken and symptoms reported, it would be recommended that the radome be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.