Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom suddenly not recognizing SR150
08-05-19, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-19 12:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom suddenly not recognizing SR150
I’m having an issue with my SR150. It was working great this season after I sent it in for a software update. A few weeks ago my axioms stopped recognizing the SR150. The audio isn’t working either. All the lights on the module indicate the it is working correctly. It is networked to an HS5, which indicates it is communicating with the SR150. The only issue I can find is the antennas light stays illuminated whether an antenna is hooked up or not. Is there anything else I can do to attempt to fix it myself?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-19, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 12:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom suddenly not recognizing SR150
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Robinsonh2o,

Unfortunately, the currently supported diagnostics within LH3 software (v3.10.39 at the time of this response) do not include diagnostics for a SR150 or SR200. Should the MFD detect the presence of the SR150, then the Chart application's main menu will list Weather among options for Simple, Detailed, etc. located near the bottom of this menu. If not, then this option will not be displayed. Should the Chart application's menu not list Weather as stated above, then the SR150's status LED should be examined to ensure that its Power (amber), Network (flashing green), and antenna (solid green) LED are illuminated as specified within this sentence. I powered and illuminated as specified, then it would be recommended that a Power On Factory Reset operation be performed to correct the reported symptom. If powered and not illuminated as specified, then the SR150 should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced or that it be replaced with a SR200. Should the MFD be detecting other devices which have been interfaced to the system via a network switch, then it would be recommended that the communications cable corresponding to one of these devices be unplugged from the Network Switch and that the SR150's communications cable instead be plugged into the vacated socket. Should doing so not then permit the Weather option to appear within the Chart application's menu, then it would be recommended that the SR150 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced or that it be replaced with a SR200.
08-19-19, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-19 12:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I am having the same problem and it started with the latest software update to LH3
08-19-19, 12:28 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum aurora37,

Q. I am having the same problem and it started with the latest software update to LH3
A. Please note that I have neither observed this issue with LH3 v3.10.39 nor LH3 v3.10.42. Please ensure that the MFD's software has been update to one of these versions ... preferably the latter. If so, then please follow the advice provided within my earlier response to this thread regarding how to troubleshoot / address the reported issue.
08-20-19, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 07:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, thank you for the quick reply. This issues started when I upgraded to version 3.9.46. I tried to upgrade to Bermuda, but received an error (file not found), even though, I had the files on an SD card in both the root directory and a directory /update.
08-21-19, 07:41 AM
aurora37,

Try reformatting the microSD memory card with a NTFS file system. Download / re-download the LH3 v3.10.42 compressed folder to your computer. Extract all file from the downloaded compressed folder to the root level directory of the microSD memory card and then attempt the software update again.
08-26-19, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-27-19 07:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I am having the same problem as well. The Axiom no longer sees the SR150 after the most recent Bermuda update (V3.10.42).
08-27-19, 07:48 AM
finaddict,

Please see my initial response within this thread in which I had provided a recommended course of action. As the MFD has already been updated with LH3 v3.10.42 software, no further action to update the MFDs software need be taken. However, the remaining actions which I had specified should be undertaken.
08-29-19, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-19 02:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I did the above. I currently have 3.9.46. When I try to upgrade with 3.10, it give me a warning - do I want to reload the same version. Then I get an error message that the update failed
08-29-19, 02:32 PM
aurora37,

It is recommended that a Power On Factory Reset operation (see link above) be performed to correct the reported symptom when performing the software update. To avoid any potential of having populated the microSD memory card please delete any downloaded software update files from the microSD memory card and from the computer's Downloads folder. After doing so, download the latest LightHouse 3 software for Axiom MFDs, re-populate the microSD memory card with software update files, update the MFD's software (opt to re-install if prompted, and then once again perform the Power ON Factory Reset.