Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[JH] [JH11] Micro-talk failure
08-10-19, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-19 02:07 PM by John - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[JH11] Micro-talk failure
I have a Premium i70S sailing starter kit, it’s run pretty much OK for the last 1000 miles. This is all linked to an Axiom 9 and HD radar, I’ve been happy with the system so far.
However yesterday it appeared that the T120 game wasn’t sending a signal.The wind was almost dead calm and we’re at the dock in Alaska at this time.
Today we had some breeze ski thought to check it out. I started everything as normal but had no wind data on the i70S.
I went into the Axiom and checked data sources for the inputs, everything shows up except the wind data which normally showed the Microtalk E70361.
I re started everything and watched the Microtalk lights on start up. It stayed a long time Red for starting up then eventually solid green but it does not go any further. The Micronet does not appear to start up. The wind unit and wireless remote have had hours and hours of sun this summer, so I don’t think it’s power.
Is there anyway to check the Auto networking is still valid?
Is there any kind of reset in the T113.
As I’m single handing I really need the wind function to steer to an AWG for extended time.
Any suggestions would be helpful .
Thanks
Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-19, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-30-19 12:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [JH11] Micro-talk failure
Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forum. You have done a good job trouble shooting to this point. You are correct it seems that the Micronet is not communicating at this point. You can check the health of the Micronet through the T113 with the health check. You can find the manual for the T113 here. The relevant section to get to the health is on page 20 and the description of what you are seeing is on page 29. The Microtalk gateway will come up on that list with a name of Type 7. If you do not see the proper reading in reading as described the atempting the autonetwork procegure with the T113, T120, and Microtalk gate would be the next step. You will need to take the T120 off the mast to perform this with all 3 items within 12 inches of each other.

Best Regards
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply