Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro S with CPT120?
08-11-19, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 09:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Pro S with CPT120?
I’m fitting a new Axiom Pro 9S and we have been supplied a CPT120 through hull transducer with adaptor cable, P/N A80490. The MFD does not recognise the transducer.
Please advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-19, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-19 03:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro S with CPT120?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Whistonmarine,

The internal sonar circuitry of Axiom Pro S MFDs is not compatible with DownVision transducers. The internal sonar circuitry of Axiom Pro S MFDs is exclusively compatible with CPT-S transducers. Should a DownVision transducer (excluding those which are designed for use with Dragonfly displays) presently be installed on the boat and it be desired to continue use of the DownVision transducer, then it would have been recommended that an Axiom Pro RVX MFD be installed and that the DownVision transducer be adapted to be mated to the Axiom Pro RVX MFD's RealVision transducer socket. Alternatively, the Axiom Pro S MFD may be retained and the DownVision transducer may be mated to the relatively inexpensive CP100 DownVision Sounder Module. The CP100 may then in turn may be networked to the Axiom Pro S MFD or to the system's HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Either of the latter options would then permit the MFD to support not only low power / high frequency CHIRP sonar, but also DownVision sonar imaging.
10-24-19, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-19 08:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck. I'm waiting a couple of days until I will have someone onboard to help with the breaker panel. My outstretched toes just don't reach. In the meantime please clarify which are the Back and Active buttons on this unit. The literature with the MFD doesn't list them as such. Thanks for moderating this great resource.
10-25-19, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-19 09:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bill,

The buttons referenced are the two shown within the photo below.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3732]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-25-19, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-19 09:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello, Chuck. I like your economic work-around using the CP100 Sonar Module. However, its specs only list the following MFDs as compatible -- aSeries, cSeries, eSeries, the New eS Series and gS Series. My Axion Pro S MFD does have one available RayNet port and is linked to a SeaTalkNG backbone cable with available ports for other RayNet devices. Will the Axiom Pro S read the CP100 via one of those cabling options, or I need to run it through a RayNet switch? And to just confirm again, is the CP100 really compatible with the Axion Pro S? Thanks for your continued support. Bill
10-28-19, 09:15 AM
Bill,

Q1. However, its (CP100) specs only list the following MFDs as compatible -- aSeries, cSeries, eSeries, the New eS Series and gS Series.
A1. Unfortunately, the documentation and website are lagging with respect to sonar module compatibility. All Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs running the latest LightHouse 3 software are compatible with the following sonar modules:
- CP100
- CP200
- CP370
- CP470
- CP570
- RVX-1000

Q2. My Axion Pro S MFD does have one available RayNet port and is linked to a SeaTalkNG backbone cable with available ports for other RayNet devices. Will the Axiom Pro S read the CP100 via one of those cabling options, or I need to run it through a RayNet switch?
A2. Should your MFD currently have an unoccupied Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket, then it may indeed be used to interface the MFD to the CP100 via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.