Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 2 Questions on gS165 I Recently Installed
08-13-19, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-19 03:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] 2 Questions on gS165 I Recently Installed
I recently upgraded electronics to an Axiom and a gS165 that I could not pass up because of a sale. I have 2 questions on the gS which I easily upgraded to Lighthouse 3:

1. Is the gS165 able to connect to the internet via WIFI for updates? I have successfully connected to my iPhone for the Raymarine Remote but I don't see a list of available WIFI's to connect to. When I use the Raymarine Remote on the iPhone it connects and works fine. Same with iPad to transfer Routes on my Navionics App but nothing resembling a way to comment to internet through WIFI.

2. I easily upgraded the firmware to Lighthouse 3. Big improvement over the original Raymarine program a year ago. My question is how should I be updating to new revisions. Presently at 3.10.39 and I can't get the3.10.42 revision to be recognized. Do I have use the upgrade path for legacy gS display which includes the entire firmware package when downloading or do I use the revision path for Axiom which assumes Lighthouse 3 is already installed. Would be so much easier if I could directly connect to internet as per my question #1.

As always I appreciate your great support. That is why I stay with Raymarine when I do my upgrades every few years.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-19, 03:55 PM
RE: [CA11] 2 Questions on gS165 I Recently Installed
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum John,

Q1. Is the gS165 able to connect to the internet via WIFI for updates?
A1. Negative. Within systems running LightHouse 3 software, only Axiom, Axiom Pro, and Axiom XL MFDs will have the ability to seek software updates via WiFi.

Q2. How should I be updating to new revisions. Presently at 3.10.39 and I can't get the 3.10.42 revision to be recognized. As indicated within the response above, Axiom MFD may search for updates via WiFi. It is also recommended that within systems featuring both Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs and eS/gS-Series MFDs, that an Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD be interfaced to the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone and that it be designated as the system's Data Master MFD. As Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs can update other networked devices, the eS/gS-Series MFDs may be updated wirelessly, by having the networked Axiom MFD check for updates via WiFi.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply