Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Add i70s to ST60 network ...
08-20-19, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-19 12:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Add i70s to ST60 network ...
Hi
soo much info .... I'd like to replace mt ST60 Wind and ST60 Autopilot control instruments with i70s - and keep the rest of the set-up as is.

If I read everything here correctly, I should be fine as I have a Seatalk/STng adapter in the system .... but I'd really appreciate some feedback on "Yes" or "No" (and if there are any "No" I'd appreciate options / alternative solutions).

I am including a system diagram of my boat, the replacement i70 would be in the "Pedestal" box.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-19, 12:37 PM
RE: [CA11] Add i70s to ST60 network ...
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum TuSan,

Generally speaking within as system in which all devices have been interfaced via a SeaTalk (not SeaTalkng) buss, the easiest way to add an i70S MFID to the system would be to simply daisy chain it to one of the currently installed ST60 instruments or to branch the SeaTalk bus and connect it to the i70S MFID. This is possible because the communications interface of the i70S will support either SeaTalk or SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications depending upon whether it has been interfaced to a SeaTalk buss or to a SeaTalkng backbone. The SeaTalk cable may be unplugged from one of the instruments within the Pedestal box and would then be plugged into a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. An appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having press-fit plugs on each end would then be used to connect the unplugged instrument to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. Finally, an A06047 / 15.7in (0.4m) or A06073 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to SeaTalk Adapter Cable would be used to connect the i70S MFID to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply