Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spontaneous restarting e7 won't initialize
05-27-16, 10:20 AM
Spontaneous restarting e7 won't initialize
My e7 frequently will not get past the "Raymarine" initialization screen, it just hangs. After restarting a few times it used to eventually startup. But now it will not at all - permanent stuck on initialization screen. I have tried to do a factory reset by holding down the back button as it powers up, but it still never finishes the initialization screen so that I can continue with the reset. Please advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-16, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-16 10:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Spontaneous restarting e7 won't initialize
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum folkmeister,

It is recommended that all memory cards be removed from the MFD's memory card reader and that the MFD then be restarted. Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the MFD's trim bezel be examined to ensure that it is properly installed (oriented such that the recess for the chart door is located on the lower right hand side) and is not holding any of the MFD's buttons in the pressed. If not, then it is recommended that the latest software be forced again into the MFD's memory:
1) the circuit supplying power to the MFD be switched OFF
2) the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software be downloaded again from Raymarine's website, its files extracted and saved into the root level directory of a microSD memory card
3) the microSD memory card containing the software update files be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader
4) the circuit supplying power to the MFD be switched ON

Should the forced update fail or the MFD continue to exhibit the reported symptoms, then MFD should be tested again with its trim ring removed. Should the problem persist thereafter, then the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench tested/serviced.
05-30-16, 06:28 PM
Thanks Chuck - it seems it was something to do with the position of the trim bezel. Made my weekend on the water a lot nicer having the e7 back up and running!
05-31-16, 07:54 AM
You're welcome.
06-15-20, 10:10 AM
Hi, I know this is an older post but having the same issue lately on my E7D unit. (Display - V19.03 / Radom 1.04)
I did go thru the suggested procedure and can confirm that, On my end, the problem is directly related to the Radar. When not connected to unit, Boot up sequence is complete and unit functional. When Radom is plugged in the back of the unit, boot up sequence sometimes gets, thru but often it goes into rebooting sequences indefinitely.
House batteries ( 2x 6 v) are topped at 100% and also have 12.7 v on supply voltage reading in the e7D unit diagnostic page (w/o Radom connected...). No idea what it is when radar is powering up as I can't make it to that page. Voltage rating at the circuit disconnect (electrical panel) is stable at over 13 v depending on charging stage and no significant voltage drop is noticed on the voltmeter when this problem occurs.
Hope someone can give me a hint!

JD Amesse
06-18-20, 10:30 PM
Hello JDAmesse,

Welcome to the Raymarine forum,

If the e7D rebooting is related to a radar being connected then it is a power drop that can only be seen on a oscilloscope as it could be for such a short period of time (100ms) that a volt meter will not detect it.

Make sure the power supply to the e7D is from a different point to where the radar is connected to power and that cables are of adequate thickness. If you have further issues you should contact one of our Service Centers near you >Dealer Locator

Happy boating and kind regards
Jules