Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[JH] [JH11] EV-1 wheelpilot disengaging
09-02-19, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-19 01:09 PM by John - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[JH11] EV-1 wheelpilot disengaging
My wheel pilot has begun disengaging itself while steering my 35' sailboat. The arm swings up within about 15 seconds but continues to steer, and then sometime after that the arm will swing to disengage position and the drive will stop being able to steer. Other posts indicated that the solution was to tighten the belt with the knob on the back side. I tried to do that but any amount of tightening made the wheel difficult to turn when the unit was disengaged. Suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-19, 01:13 PM
RE: [JH11] EV-1 wheelpilot disengaging
Thank you for you post. By your description and solutions attempted it sounds like the wheel drive should be sent in to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Best Regards
John
09-07-19, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-19 09:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks- I will do that this winter. I wanted to also note that as I have noted before, even though I checked the box below for "subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" I never received notification of the response.
09-09-19, 09:45 AM
Noted ... we'll look into the issue regarding e-mailed messages from the Forum. In the interim, please check your e-mail tool's spam and deleted folders for any such messages.