Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 addition with ES127
09-10-19, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-19 12:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 addition with ES127
I currently have a ES127 , connected to a CP 470 with a M265 L/H Chirp transducer. I can get a good deal on a Axiom 9 RV and wanted to know a few things before I do.
1) How to connect the Es127 to the Axiom and is this necessary.

2) Will the Axiom 9 be able to use my existing CP470 / M265 setup. I do not have room to mount a transom mount transducer because my boat has a large Armstrong bracket.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-19, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-19 12:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 addition with ES127
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum RKW68,

Q1) How to connect the Es127 to the Axiom and is this necessary.
A1) While it is presently possible to interface an eS/gS-Series MFD to an Axiom / Axiom Pro / Axiom XL MFD (each running the latest available LightHouse 3 software), it is unlikely (due to processing limitations of the eS/gS-Series MFDs) that the Raymarine will continue to produce LightHouse 3 software for the eS/gS-Series MFDs after this year. That said, the MFDs would be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable or via a HS5 RayNet Network Switch to which each MFD and the CP470 had been interfaced via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q2) Will the Axiom 9 be able to use my existing CP470 / M265 setup. I do not have room to mount a transom mount transducer because my boat has a large Armstrong bracket.
A2) Yes. The fishfinder features which will be supported by the Axiom 9 MFD will be identical to that which you are currently experiencing with the eS127/CP470/M265 combination.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply