Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom pro power cable
09-24-19, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-19 02:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom pro power cable
My system consists of E7D, HD radar, spx-5 pilot, AIS 650, splitter, P-70..I am replacing the plotter with an axiom pro. The power cable for both look to be nearly identical in build, connector, etc. can i use the E7D power cable for the axiom which is already routed through the binnacle etc etc? If not, why? I understand the part numbers are different. Functionally, can it be done? I’m only using power/ground, and four NMEA wires. Unless the pin assignments in the connector have changed, I see no reason not to.
Also, i received no install manual for the axiom. How am I supposed to know the wire assignments by color? Can I have a manual sent to me?
Tnx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-19, 02:21 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom pro power cable
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

Q1. can i use the E7D power cable for the axiom which is already routed through the binnacle etc etc?
A1. Yes. The Power/NMEA 0183/Analog Video Input Cables used by Axiom Pro MFDs are of the same design as those which had been used by a9x/a12x MFDs, c-Series MFDs, e-Series MFDs, eS9x/eS12x/eS16x MFDs, and gS-Series MFDs.

Q2. Also, i received no install manual for the axiom. How am I supposed to know the wire assignments by color? Can I have a manual sent to me?
A2. LightHouse 3 Advanced Operations Guides and Axiom / Axiom Pro / Axiom XL Installation Guides are not packaged with the MFDs, as they are regularly subject to change (far less so for the installation guides). The links below may be used to access these documents:
- Axiom Pro MFD Installation Instructions

- LightHouse 3.10 Advanced Operation instructions
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply