Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Engine gateway reset tab
09-26-19, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-19 09:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Engine gateway reset tab
Hi..I have the Yamaha gateway module 6YG-8A2D0-00-00 connected to my Axioms. In the advanced tab of the Yamaha App it gives you an option to reset Gateway and Engine instances reset. Could you explain this please ? I have an issue with my fuel flow offset stuck on 8% and every time I try to change this the MFD will reboot. Just wondering if the gateway reset would effect this ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-19, 12:45 AM
RE: [TG11] Engine gateway reset tab
Hello laraby,

At this moment I don't have any more information about the Gateway reset than what the handbook says:
Quote:Gateway reset — System protocol information reset
I'll find out more about what this means.

The Engine Instance reset will re-configure the association between engines (e.g. a particular serial number) and its position on the boat (e.g. starboard).

Regarding the problem you previously reported, I am sorry to say that I don't have an update to this because as - if responses to your post, or my internal issue report are anything to go by - few if any other people seem to be suffering from it. None of the other Raymarine support teams around the world have responded to my post with their own cases, as would be the normal process. Not having any other cases to compare to, and not being able to get the NMEA2000 data recording of the traffic from the gateway, makes it veryhard to give you solid answers. I also don't have access to a similar system in order to do my own trials.

Yes, I would give the Gateway reset a go (I don't think that the engine instance reset will make any difference), and if possible, re-try the NMEA2000 recording because that would be very useful in trying to understand what's going wrong.

Regards,
Tom

(other related post: http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=9219)

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
09-28-19, 01:27 AM
Thanks Tom
Did a bit more investigating today....I tried the "Reset gateway" tab and didn't seem to make any difference. It appears that even when I disconnect the Raymarine N2K network then do a "Factory Reset" the problem with the MFD rebooting when trying to change fuel calibration still exists (while Yamaha engine gateway disconnected) ruling out an interference from the N2K network. Also on the same "Advanced " tab there is an option to reset trim % to zero, this doesn't reset while gateway is connected either.
Tried recording N2K data to an SD card after creating a file: log_stng_data again with no luck. I can see the recording happening (ticking over) but nothing appears in file afterwards.
Hope this helps a little.
10-29-19, 12:12 AM
Sorry for the delay replying.

I've checked the report I logged onto our issue tracker and no-one in the other Support teams around the world has logged any similar issues, so it doesn't seem to be a recurrent issue with Axiom and Yamaha. With that in mind, we really need the log of NMEA2000 data. Since you're having problems recording through your MFD, if you can PM me your address I will send you a black-box data logger that we can use to do this recording.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
10-29-19, 05:49 AM
Thanks for your help Tom...PM sent.