Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV-100 Network with I60 and ST50
10-11-19, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-19 12:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV-100 Network with I60 and ST50
I currently have an i60 Wind and older Autohelm ST50 Tridata and Repeater.
I would like to add an EV-100 Tiller pilot to my boat and wire it all together on a Seatalkng network.

Could you please take a look at my schematic for connecting it all together and let me know if it looks good?

Will the Autopilot be able to access the wind data?
Will the ST50 Tridata and Repeater get power the way I have set it up?
The total system is less that 70m. Is it sufficiently balanced?

Thanks very much!

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Schematic 3.pdf (Size: 31.89 KB / Downloads: 228)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-19, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-19 12:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] EV-100 Network with I60 and ST50
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum CalSailor,

While the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is supported for use with ST50+ instruments, it has not been tested with and is therefore not supported for use with ST50 instruments. That said, the possibility does exist that no issues may exist when using your ST50 instruments with the ST-STng Converter Kit. No damage to the electronics would result in testing their use with the system and any expected incompatiblities would result in errant / incomplete data bridging.

From the standpoint of LEN balancing, this is an unbalanced system. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The LEN values for currently manufactured products may be found within the specifications section of the respective product's installation guide. In this case, it would be recommended that the power insertion spur be located between the i60's spur and the ST-STng Converter (or that the SeaTalkng Power Cable be inserted within the leftmost spur socket of the ST-STng Converter.
10-11-19, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-19 10:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you, Chuck. This is very helpful. I will try repositioning the power source as advised.
10-14-19, 10:26 AM
You're welcome.