Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] MFD - Edit Route
10-13-19, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-19 12:53 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] MFD - Edit Route
Hello,
I would like to edit an existing Route (GOAT KIN) by adding some existing waypoints already showing on the chart.
First, I select “Chart”. The default area presented on the screen is Florida. I am planning a Route in North West Scotland.
Question 1. How do I teach the MFD to default to North West Scotland on opening “Chart” ?

So, I select “Waypoints, Routes, Tracks”; “My data”; “Routes”; Route name “GOAT KIN” currently comprising 5 waypoints. Highlight “GOAT KIN”; View Route Plan; “Add Waypoint”;
At this point I am taken to my library of UNSORTED 9,328 waypoints. So, it would take a very long time to find the new waypoint from this list. I want to highlight the existing waypoint showing on the chart – the first of 3 waypoints I want to add to the Route.
The chart showing on the screen at this point only covers about one third of the available screen size so it is very difficult to see. Past experience with other chart plotters have a “Display” function which shows the Route across the full area of the screen from where all Route editing is completed.
Question 2. How do I change to “Full Screen” as one can with a pc ?

Going back to try to add this waypoint showing on my screen to the Route GOAT KIN. “New Waypoint at lat/long” intuitively means placing the “cursor” on the chart at a point coinciding with the existing waypoint. Touching the waypoint does not add it to the Route (as it would with many other chart plotters. The only options seem to be to rekey the lat/long of this waypoint or scroll through 9,238 waypoints in the list until I find it.
Question 3. How do I add this waypoint showing on my chart to the Route GOAT KIN ?

I have looked for answers to my questions in the Lighthouse Basic and Advanced Operation Instructions without success.
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
robino
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-19, 10:00 AM
RE: [LW11] MFD - Edit Route
Dear robino,

Question 1. How do I teach the MFD to default to North West Scotland on opening “Chart” ?
The Axiom will default to Florida if there is not a live GPS fix, are you using an external GPS antenna or the internal one on the Axiom?

Question 2. How do I change to “Full Screen” as one can with a pc ?
You cannot change this screen to 'full screen' as you have described.

Question 3. How do I add this waypoint showing on my chart to the Route GOAT KIN ?
I have also experimented adding waypoints to routes and this will be submitted to the product manager as a feature request.

Many Thanks
Louise
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply