The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] connecting an A70D chartplotter to a NASA GPS repeater
11-25-19, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-19 05:49 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] connecting an A70D chartplotter to a NASA GPS repeater
I have NASA GPS repeater connected to my chart plotter - A70D. The repeater gives "no GPS signal". It is only when I put a course into the plotter that the repeater then comes up with a fix and works as expected, giving SOG etc.

This is a pain as every time I start up the instruments when racing I have to go down below to set a course on the plotter. The plotter is also connected to the same port to the VHF/DSC and gives a fix on startup there no problem.

I have rewired the NMEA junction box but still the same. I am using port 2 NMEA 4800 out of the plotter and have connected as per the NASA instructions with red to power, blue to NMEA +out and screen to NMEA -ve out.

I have been told this may be because NASA uses the old single wire and ground whereas raymarine use the newer NMEA +ve and -ve ? And it has been suggested I use a NMEA protocol bridge like this -

https://www.quark-elec.com/product/qk-as..._iCewgJChM

Will this work????? (and if so how to wire it ie NASA blue to yellow RX?). If not is there another solution Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] connecting an A70D chartplotter to a NASA GPS repeater - adamcovell - 11-25-19 03:48 PM