Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Fishfinder for Axiom PRO 12 RVX
12-04-19, 10:31 AM
RE: [CA11] Fishfinder for Axiom PRO 12 RVX
Roberto,

Q1. Is advisable to put the transducer more forward and install the Raymarine RV-312 RealVision 3D Plastic Through Hull Transducers, Port and Starboard 12 degree ???
A1. If the intended installation location of the RV-300
- has a deadrise is between 0-6 degrees, and
- is wide enough to accommodate the RV-300 (dimensional specifications for the RV-300 may be found within its installation guide), and
- is more than 3' from objects producing a magnetic field, (ex. ferrous metals (ex. engine blocks, etc.), electrical motors, etc.), and,
- is not located behind any thru-hulls or hull features which may result in an aerated flow of water across the face of the transducer, then
the RV-300 would be quite satisfactory for this application. Should these criteria not be met, then it would be recommended that a RV transducer pair appropriate for the hulls deadrise be installed. No information has been provided regarding the desired maximum depth fished. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the maximum depths supported by the types of sonar supported by the RV transducers.

Q2. do I need a sonar module/adaptor between the transducer and the MFD?
A2. I assume that transducer which you are referring to is the RV transducer. If so, then no sonar module/adapter would be required interface it to an Axiom Pro RVX MFD.

Q3. if I disconnect the tridata transducer I will still have the depth information in the Chart page ??
A3. Yes. If the ST60/ST60+/i50 Tridata is additionally interfaced to the MFD, then the Tridata may be configured as a repeater of depth data to permit it to report the depth value determined by the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Fishfinder for Axiom PRO 12 RVX - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-04-19 10:31 AM