The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading to Axioms, integration and Auto Pilot help?
12-09-19, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-19 05:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading to Axioms, integration and Auto Pilot help?
Hello. I had a few compatibility questions as I am upgrading my electronics on my '88 rybo runner 30' cc. It has all 2005 Raymarine gear on it right now which I am for the most part changing out but I'd like to be able to retain a few things if possible. Any help on what's compatible or not and what route to take would be appreciated.
I just bought: Axiom RV 9" & 12" RV (the boat in box bundle that comes with the Ray53 vhf and RV-100 transom transducer and all the cabling). I also have on the way a 18" 4kw hd color new radome; (was this the right choice over the Quantum 2 as I kept going back and forth but thought the auto bird feature and weather tracking would be better on the digital hd?).
My old radar and displays/mfds will be completely removed, along with all cabling of them.
The Auto pilot I have (smart pilot autohelm series) does work good and wondering if can keep it with the Type 1 hydraulic pump (have twin 300 outboards), and keep the fluxgate compass and smart pilot course computer (I think is S1; it's 2005)? But the control head unit (ST8001)screen is shot with a big black blob permanently blocking all viewing so I was going to replace that with a New P70r control unit head I have; would this work?
If not what if I used that p70r head and new ACU-150 control computer and the EV-1 sensor core; will that work retaining the type 1 pump thats already there and the cables/wires that are there going back to the engines?
Want to keep my current 1kw transducer (Airmar B260) for the main reason of how it's mounted in the hull with a cut out in the keep the size of the entire head unit so the face sits flush with the keel, not lower below it. And also want to keep it for the deeper use offshore fishing in Florida. It is connected to a DSM (300 I think) which can't be integrated into the Axioms? So I was going to replace with a CP370 and that should work, correct?
I do have an issue with that transdcuer's cable though and not sure if it can be fixed or if I should bite the bullet and replace it now; the cable is frayed at about 2ft up from the stem and also right at the connection going into the stem. Anything I can do to prolong the life of that and / or replace that cable that goes into it somehow? If not, what would you suggest replacing it with as I was thinking jsut the same B260 as will fit that huge [censored] already in my keel, but is there a more cost effective better 1kw 50/200khz transducer to use that has the same head/face shape?
Want to sway the RV-100 transom mount for the RV-200 brass thru hull transducer and mount flush on my keel at a flat surface area, but am curios does it matter how far away its mounted in front of or behind the 1kw thru hull also mounted flush in the flat part of the keel? That is mounted with a cut out in the keel so it is flush, not with a fairing block.
Thank you in advance for any and all help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Upgrading to Axioms, integration and Auto Pilot help? - SE-FL - 12-09-19 03:56 AM