The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Raymarine C80 Radar Issues
12-15-19, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-19 04:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Raymarine C80 Radar Issues
I bought a 1990 Albemarle 24 with twin C70 units, they worked fine for the first season. Went to take them off for the winter to store them inside, and the darn radar pins broke on the male connector. Oh well, il just plug the radar in the other unit, checked the back of the other unit and same story a few broken pins. So this spring I bought a used C80 and put it on, got a message (No data source). Cable was fairly old, replaced it with a new old stock cable, same issue "no data Source". I went this season without radar (no fun at all). At the end of this season, I bought a third party screen without radar and I am planning on keeping my C80 for solely radar purposes and it would be nice to have an extra fish finder and GPS. I thought maybe the C80 I bought was defective because the buyer mentioned that he was selling it because he upgraded to a new system and he claimed the radar did not work, but upon de-installation the radar wire was shot. So never the less I bought ANOTHER used C80 a week ago off eBay to test this, same thing "No data source". So I know its not the cable or the unit itself. I opened the top of the radome and its clean as a whistle and im getting proper voltage to the positive and negative under the dome.

Now I did the cable test as pictured below (found this on a forum) and my results are as follows (not good) im assuming this is an issue with the radome? THere are some pics aswell, when I unplug the radar with the unit on, nothing changes no message or the icon doesn't change. Are there fuses or relay under the Radome?
Video: 46kohms (good)
Azimuth: 4.7kohms (supposed to be 10k)
Trigger: 0kohms (supposed to be 10k)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Raymarine C80 Radar Issues - chrisravosa - 12-15-19 09:08 PM