The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 Pro Rvx Tranducer best suited for me and my abnormal hull.
12-19-19, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-19 03:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 12 Pro Rvx Tranducer best suited for me and my abnormal hull.
Hello,
Thank you in advance for all the information on this forum and the time invested! I have been reading none stop on the correct transducer for my setup and have not found the right option. I have A 28' Inboard diesel straight shaft drive with 24 degree deadrise. I have recently purchased a Axiom Pro Rvx. I will definitely need a thru hull transducer since there is propeller wash off the transom. I regularly fish between 60'- 2000'. I would prefer not to buy a Cp570 in addition to the axiom for now. I need the best sonar option available frequently bottom fish in 1200' and would like to swordfish in 1800' but yet most frequently fish between 80' and 200'. A conical 1k chirp ducer is my main objective for now. I may install a rvx ducer down the road on try one on the transom because its free and i already have it.
Transducer mentioned below are just examples.

Q1. Mounting position should i mount under the front of the engine with a 0 degree thru hull such as pm265hl. Or move onto the deadrise with a flush or fairing blocl application? The boat is trailered but i have it setup to easily work around my current fairing block mounted transducer.

Q2 Which transducer is the best for my application?

Q3 I have a a rv 100 that came with unit. If i transom mounted this unit all the way to one side of the hull opposing rotation of prop would it work? Still 100% need a 1k chirp as well. I just think it would be neat to have the real vision option if at trolling speeds in shallow water.

Thank you!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Axiom 12 Pro Rvx Tranducer best suited for me and my abnormal hull. - BILLFISHER21 - 12-19-19 09:24 PM