The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Axiom Pro 12 external display via USB to HDMI connection
12-30-19, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-20 04:13 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Axiom Pro 12 external display via USB to HDMI connection
Hallo,

My old plotter was not longer repairable, so I needed to switch to the new Axiom Pro.
I have several issues with my autopilot not longer working with the new MFD, the eS127 cannot be on the same StHS network, so I cannot see the radar on the nav station any more, the Raymarine apps via WiFi are unreliable too, there are frequent freezes or dropouts, they need to reconnect, so Miracast is also not a viable option to mirror the display under way because it uses the same p2p WiFi frequencies and has the same issues.

The new shiny MFD lacks the connectivity of the older generation regarding video out, but it is now Android based and has a USB and LAN connection.

Recent Android systems incorporate MHL and HDMI Alt mode, allowing to connect HDMI, Display Port, DVI and even VGA displays on USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB-C connectors by plug and play converters. I wonder if this could be a viable path for a reliable wired second display.

Also Raymarine unfortunately discontinued the PC software allowing to get the screen on a PC wired to StHS or WLAN, but maybe there is a path for a VNC or Terminal Server connection to access remotely the MFD by the onboard computer.

It would be at least a great step forward to have the raymarine 4kw radar as an overlay on the opencpn plotter wired to the StHS backbone, what is possible now with other brands like B&G, FURUNO etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] Axiom Pro 12 external display via USB to HDMI connection - John2344 - 12-30-19 08:13 AM