Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 interface to ST60 instruments
01-08-20, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-20 10:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 interface to ST60 instruments
Kirk,

Q1. can I clip off the press fit 3 pin connector from the kit supplied yellow connector cable in order to connect it to the ST (a) on the 150G? (keeping in mind also that I will not connect the red lead)?
A1. Yes

Q2. Do i leave the 12V - 15Amp circuit connected to the ST60 Speed instrument? There is also power coming from the ST (b) cable to the ST6001+ .
As the system is wired now I can leave the Autopilot switch/breaker turned off and still have the other the ST units powered from the separate supply. (this is not a big deal as I normally have both powered up anyway but i would like to keep it if possible.)
A2. The SeaTalk bus should not be powered from two ends. I suggest the following minor changes to the current powering scheme. The SeaTalk cable connecting the ST6001 to the ST60 Depth should be cut and then spliced back together, leaving the red leads unspliced and insulated to prevent shorting. With the change, the instrument circuit power will supply power to the ST60 instruments, while leaving the ST6001 autopilot control head OFF unless the circuit supplying power to the autopilot control head is switched ON ... i.e. why have the autopilot control head switched ON unless the autopilot course computer's circuit has also switched ON???

Q3. Is there a cable available to connect directly from the ST/Stng converter -white connector to the Axiom input? It will need to be approx. 12'.
A3. Yes. Like most NMEA 2000 devices using DeviceNet connectors, the NMEA 2000 socket of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom MFDs feature a DeviceNet (M) socket. As indicated with the FAQ found here, one the following adapters may be used to interface the product as a spur to a SeaTalkng backbone:
- A06045 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F);
- A06075 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F);
- A06082 DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 interface to ST60 instruments - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-08-20 10:12 AM