The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Power to Navigation Instruments
01-04-20, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-20 09:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Power to Navigation Instruments
System:
Axiom 9
X5 Auto Pilot with P70 Control.
i50 Speed; i50 Depth; i60 Wind

I have a separate breaker for power directly to the Axiom 9. The Axiom is connected to the nav. instruments through STng.

For the autopilot, another power feed goes a to 5-way connector with a STng spur to the P70 control and a spur to X-5 unit. The power is a STNG 12Vdc Power Cable spliced into power wires and then to the 5-way.

Presently, a STng spur from P70 control head to i50’s and i60 provide their power.

Questions:
1) Should there be a separate power source for the nav. instruments (i50’s and i60)?
2) If so, how should I make the connection? Can I splice a STNG 12Vdc Power Cable and connect directly to one of the control heads or does it need to go to another 5-way connector?

I operate the autopilot independently because, until I update, it will not work with the Axiom. I don’t mind using the P70 control head at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Power to Navigation Instruments - mikepxx - 01-04-20 08:55 PM