Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Help me upgrade
01-08-20, 03:17 PM
RE: [CA11] Help me upgrade
tHardyw,

Q1. If networking two 9" axioms together do I need to purchase two Axiom 9 RV MFDs or is there a slave unit I can link to my existing one (like the e97 and e95 used to be)?
A1. As long the MFD having RV fishfinder circuitry is switched ON whenever the system's other MFDs are switched ON, only one of the MFDs need have RV fishfinder circuitry.

Q2. Is there any additional hardware that needs to be purchased besides the 9" Axiom RV and transducers? LIke a sonar module / black box or anything like that?
A2. Yes. Unlike Axiom Pro MFDs, Axiom MFDs feature only one Ethernet communications port. Accordingly, each Axiom MFD would need to be interfaced to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The Digital Radar Cable will likewise be unplugged form the e7D and will instead be connected to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

Should one of the MFDs not be installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead, then an external GPS sensor (ex. Raystar 150 GPS Sensor, etc.) may need to be added to the system. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the system not already feature a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the system's Data Master MFD and external GPS sensor may be interfaced, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a simple backbone may be constructed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Help me upgrade - Hardyw - 01-06-20, 10:55 AM
RE: [CA11] Help me upgrade - Hardyw - 01-08-20, 12:26 PM
RE: [CA11] Help me upgrade - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-08-20 03:17 PM