The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Depth transducer for 22 degree hull deadrise for i40 display
01-12-20, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-20 11:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Depth transducer for 22 degree hull deadrise for i40 display
I have a Catalina 30 with old (non-functional) depth and speed instruments. The boat is out of the water so this is the perfect time to replace the transducers. I will also be replacing the instrument display. The existing depth transducer is an old AIRMAR through-hull unit with a 2 inch plastic mount. The unit is mounted in a good location, forward of the keel, close to the centerline, but the hull has a 22 degree deadrise at this location.

As far as displays I am considering the Raymarine i40 Bi-Data display (part number E70066). As far as depth transducers, I would like a retractable unit such as E26030, but I have not found a mention of the deadrise angle for this unit.

I know AIRMAR sells transducers with tilted elements, at 0 degrees, 12 degrees, and 20 degrees, but I have not found a corresponding Raymarine transducer compatible with the i40 display which will compensate for the 22 degree deadrise.

QUESTION: Does Raymarine have a retractable depth transducer compatible with the i40 display with a 20 degree tilted element?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Depth transducer for 22 degree hull deadrise for i40 display - jorgemdn - 01-12-20 10:15 PM