Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Wifi Analyzer shows Quantum and MFD SSIDs, but MFD not pairing?
01-19-20, 07:28 PM
RE: [CA11] Wifi Analyzer shows Quantum and MFD SSIDs, but MFD not pairing?
Thanks, Chuck! I found my problem. It was very simple, just a faulty power connection at the radar scanner, but the way the Wifi signals transmit between the MFD and the scanner confused me into thinking it was a pairing issue. There was no power to the scanner, so it wasn't transmitting when I was standing in front of the MFD and did the procedure to pair with the scanner (Setup/External Devices/Quantum Radar/Pair with Quantum Radar). I entered the SSID and passcode for the Quantum as instructed, and pressed "Connect". After several seconds, the Wifi Analyzer app on my smart phone stopped showing the signal from the MFD, and instead showed a signal with the Quantum radar's SSID ("Quantum_XXXXXXX"). This led me to believe the Wifi Analyzer was receiving a transmission from the scanner. However, as I later discovered, there was no power to the scanner, so what the Wifi Analyzer was receiving was the same transmission from the MFD, but now with showing the Scanner's SSID. That had me believe the scanner had power and was transmitting Wifi OK, but no pairing was occurring. After going up the mast to check the scanner, I found the intermittent 12v power connection. After securely reconnecting the power to the scanner, and attempting the pairing again, everything ran perfectly. So it was the confusion of the re-naming the MFD's SSID to the radar's SSID when attempting to pair that had me going!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Wifi Analyzer shows Quantum and MFD SSIDs, but MFD not pairing? - PeterCPA - 01-19-20 07:28 PM