The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components
01-25-20, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-20 03:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components
I recently purchased a number of new Raymarine items including an Element 7S to upgrade my boat’s systems. A system schematic is attached.

Since I’ve never done it before, I’ve been researching how to update software on my new purchases including reviewing FAQs and questions on this forum. I bought the following items that may require s/w updates from time to time:

Element 7s Chartplotter/MFD
i70s Multifunction Instrument
ITC-5 Analogue Transducer to STng converter
E22158 STng to ST1 converter
Evolution Autopilot comprised of:
EV-1 Sensor
ACU-100 Autopilot Control
p70s Autopilot Head

It looks like the way to update s/w for each item is to do so through the Element 7s MFD. However, when I look at the Software Update page for each item, the Element series of chart plotters isn’t listed as a method to update component s/w. For example, the s/w update page for the ACU-100 is shown here listing several current and many legacy Chartplotter / MFDs as compatible for the upgrade but no Element.
http://www.raymarine.com/view/index-id=9572.html

Is it possible to get newly released individual component software that can be installed using my Element 7S MFD?

Or, does the latest Element software download include the latest software for all components and there is therefore no need to download individual component updates?

Thanks.

Dave

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Draft Raymarine STng System with Raymarine Element 7s.pdf (Size: 441.85 KB / Downloads: 275)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Using Element 7S to update system components - spencerdd - 01-25-20 03:51 PM