The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Complete New System Setup Guidance Needed
01-26-20, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-20 05:27 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Complete New System Setup Guidance Needed
I have all new electronics to replace my 2005 raymarine equipment and want to arrange them split between the upper t-top electronics box and the center console face by the helm / dash. The run from the upper electronics box down to the center console dash (and inside behind dash where other modules / connections / etc install) is a through the aluminum t-top frame piping of about roughly 5 feet. I'm trying not to have too many cable runs through that as there are also electrical wires going through there and it's getting a bit tight to snake them though, but of course will do what it takes to have the best and correct setup / networking needed.
So here is what I have and how I was hoping to have it arranged. My questions pertain to if this layout is practical and how do I make all the cable / networking/ connections etc work for it if so; and if not, then what would be the best way to go with laying out all the components and their connections? Thank you for the help as it is much needed!

Upper Electronics Box of T-Top:
Axiom RV 9" MFD, RAY53 VHF, Icom IC-M506 VHF w/ AIS and NMEA 2000 & 0183, RCR-SD-USB-Card Reader, p70RS autopilot control head for EV-150.

Above that on top of the canvas t-top will be the mounting location for the GA150 gps antenna, vhf/ais antenna for the icom 506 and vhf antenna for the ray53 and the Raymarine 18" radome hd digital radar (RD418HD 4kW)

On the console dash face by the helm will be:
Axiom rv 12" MFD, RMK-10 (mainly for use with the upper 9" mfd in the t-top electronics box but also to switch and be used with the 12" in dash), and the Yamaha command link (round) 2 multi function tach gauges and 1 speedometer/fuel meter and 2 water pressure gauges for twin engine setup.

Underneath / inside console will be:
EV-150 Autopilot ACU-150 control unit, type-1 hydraulic pump, ev1 sensor core (not sure best placement on vessel for this) and the CP-370 digital sonar sounder module which will have the B260 transducer connected to it that is flush mounted thru hull in flat part of keel at aft end of the first step of a double stepped 30ft hull. Also have the Fusion marine bb300 but most likely changing out to the MS-RA670; wither way will be mounted on the dash panel

The RV-200 bronze flush mount thru hull transducer I am not sure just yet where I can practically place and still retain full best functionality out of it. My best bet is at the aft end of my keel on flat spot just before the transom if I can not fit it at the very aft end of the flat spot in the keel of the first step just behind the b260 that is flush mounted.

I do have 1 HS-5 seatalkHS network switch, 2 seatalk 5 way connectors, and all the original cabling that each of these components came with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Complete New System Setup Guidance Needed - SE-FL - 01-26-20 01:09 PM