The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Correct scanner for Black Thunder XT430SC
01-27-20, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-20 12:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Correct scanner for Black Thunder XT430SC
Greetings,

I have a Raymarine a98 MFD I purchased a couple years ago but am just now installing in my 2000 Black Thunder XT430SC Triple. I live on the Grand River about 12 miles inland from Lake Michigan. I do not fish in the boat, but want the DownVision feature to see obstacles in the river bottom.

I did purchase a CPT-100 sensor, but I'm not sure this is the correct sensor for this boat. The boat does get trailered regularly, and because of the weight, the trailer has multiple bunks. There are 3 sets of four bunks (as shown in the attached photos) -- four wide by three long, so that the boat can also be lifted off the trailer using slings if desired. The boat has two steps in the hull as well as a stepped transom, and is capable of approximately 80 mph.

I am concerned that the CPT-100 sensor will not stay in position and get a good read on the bottom. I understand that at speed I may not get a good reading regardless of sensor, but I am concerned this sensor will displace and will have to be moved back into position every time I come home, which somewhat defeats the purpose. Also, with it mounted to the transom, I don't know if it will be too far back and only show me the areas I've already passed. It seems to me that I might need the CPT-120 sensor. But if that is the case, where do I mount it such that I don't damage it when loading on the trailer? Will there be any adverse effects when running, and is there anything I can do to minimize these effects?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the newbie questions - I haven't had this capability before
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Correct scanner for Black Thunder XT430SC - BlackThunderinGH - 01-27-20 05:37 PM