The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] AIS 700 Setup - can't connect to device
01-29-20, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-20 09:43 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] AIS 700 Setup - can't connect to device
Hello, I have looked on the forum for similar issue but could not find this specific problem, so here it goes.

I have just bought a new AIS 700 and got to raymarines web page to download the latest version of proais2, v.1.14 - it so happens to have mac and pc options, but i could not access the device on none of them.

First i installed the mac version on my macbook and opened it, then plugged ais unit with usb cable and red light went on. Manual mentions 'select the ais device from drop down list at the top of the page'. Turns out the drop down menu shows funny options. There are only 4 of them

/dev/cu.iPhone-Wireles-1
/dev/cu.iPhone-WirelessiAP
/dev/cu.Bluethooth-Incoming-Port
/dev/cu.iPhone-Wireles

when selecting any of the 'iphone' options above the following message comes straight away: "an error was encountered in trying to open the serial port, it is probably being used by another application (Unkown error)"

when selecting bluetooth option it allows to click 'connect' but the blank fields to be filled in are not writable. Turns out this option is also possible when ais unit is unplugged, so i assume the software is not recognising the ais.

I also have a mini pc on board which is dedicated to navigation softwares only which has windows 7 on it (this is the most advanced windows version compatible with this mini pc). When installing the pc version of proais2 and then running it, straight away the error "The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer".

Turns out i have found at microsoft's webpage a few possibilities for downloading the correct dll file but none of the pages are valid and on top of it microsoft says that support for windows 7 has terminated last jan 14th.

I have not found yet another reliable source for the dll file...

I feel i'm on a dead end....has someone else experienced similar problems with mac or pc? any suggestions around either one would be most welcome.

thank you guys!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] AIS 700 Setup - can't connect to device - xaliba - 01-29-20 05:49 PM