Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST1000 as compass source to Quantum radar
02-05-20, 08:58 AM
RE: [CA11] ST1000 as compass source to Quantum radar
Frank,

Q1a. I would expect that I will be able to adjust the course up and down
A1a. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the difference between the Course Up chart orientation and Head Up chart orientation. I believe that you may have meant Head Up orientation within this question and heading from a properly interfaced ST1000+ autopilot will be be used Head Up chart orientation. As suggested within the referenced FAQ, Course Up is dependent upon navigation (Go To or Follow Route) in which the chart will be oriented to the course line associated with the route's leg or the bearing from the vessel's initial position to the waypoint or cursor position when the Go To command was executed. The latter does not require heading data and has no relevance at any time other than when navigation has been commanded.

Q1b. switch from standby to auto and back from the MFD but will the st1000 perform all the functions listed for the autopilot app.
A1b. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. All autopilot configuration and commands must be executed via the ST1000's user interface, compatible autopilot control head, or wireless autopilot remote control.

Q2. I want to be sure it will follow a course from waypoint to waypoint and correct for cross-track error.
A2. As indicated within the FAQ referenced in the response to Q1b, this is indeed possible. However, the ST1000+ must be commanded into Track mode via the ST1000's user interface, compatible autopilot control head, or wireless autopilot remote control.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] ST1000 as compass source to Quantum radar - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-05-20 08:58 AM