The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Transducer question - Replacement for a 2006 Searay 380
02-02-20, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-20 02:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Transducer question - Replacement for a 2006 Searay 380
Hi.
I have a 2006 Searay 380 with Yanmar diesels. I have replaced the ST60 Tridata with the i70 and the itc-5. Though I dont know how if the Transducers worked perfect prior to the change (I just bought the boat and switched things out), my temp and speed do not work at all and my depth works only 70% of the time. At times, I'll be in my slip and depth will jump to 300' and then slowly back itself down, and then start over again. It also sometimes just doesnt read. In addition, the depth on my old school Raymarine 120 classic is usually accurate, but then sometimes stops reading all together.
This spring, I am removing the 120 classic MFD and putting in a E127 MDF. I want to make sure my transducers are compatible, so I thought about replacing them. They are Airmen, but my searay manual says they are the following.
933853 TRANSDUCER, DEPTH RETRACTABLE VALOX RAYDATA(DIESEL ENGINES)
933861 TRANSDUCER, SPEED SELF SEALING VALOX RAYDATA
Here are my questions.
1. Does this sound like a transducer issue?
2. For new MDF, is there a better transducer that is more compatible with the i70 / e127, where I wont have to use the itc-5? These are the thru hull plastic transducers that have the screw top and plug. I do not want to change the sleeve in the hull.
3. If I replace the transducers, are there any other electronics that I will need to replace? (things between the transducer and MDF / i70 that I'm not aware of). I am moving things toward Seatalk NG

Thanks an advance for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Transducer question - Replacement for a 2006 Searay 380 - michels280 - 02-02-20 10:41 AM