The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Electronics Replacement Installation
02-03-20, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-20 10:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Electronics Replacement Installation
Hi All,

I'm tackling the task of replacing all of my electronics on my 33 foot sailing boat with new and have purchased the following:

- Raymarine I70 wind, depth & Speed pack (including Raymarine ITC-5)
- Additional Raymarine I70 display
- Raymarine C97 MFD
- Raymarine autohelm EV100 with P70S control head

I am struggling on how i am best to cable/network for the installation, in particular i am looking for advice on the following items:

1) How should power be run to the backbone? Can this be done directly to the ITC-5 to then reticulate via the backbone?

2) If the backbone is powered, can power simply be provided to the C97 MFD via a spur cable? I understand that it will not give me all functions but i only want to use it as a chart plotter.

3) I plan on mounting the C97 MFD in a Navpod at the helm and passing the cable down through the stainless rail at the helm, to do the least damage and make it as simple as possible i plan on using a stripped end spur cable. Is this recommended or is there a better way?

4) Is there an advantage of connecting the autohelm into the network? It is currently standalone but is old ST40 gear. What are the benefits?

I have put together a schematic of how i think the system should be put together and welcome advice prior to purchasing the additional cables/connectors required to complete the installation.

Cheers

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Electronics Replacement Installation - Drew1010 - 02-03-20 10:57 PM