The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 7 transducer issues
02-04-20, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-20 11:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 7 transducer issues
Hi -

I own the axiom 7 with DV - and the CPT100dvs transducer. They came as a package from Raymarine on Amazon

So far, always inshore, it's been fine for depth and water temp. I never used the fishfinder or read the bottom, since I fish in depths of 5' or less. However I am starting to fish deeper offshore water (40-60') and want to be able to see structure details (concrete debris, sunken barges, etc), so I know where I am on the structure to best target specific fish (sheepshead for example, like to be right beside or in structure, and one foot off means no bite).

I went yesterday to the whitewater reef off hilton head, sc, and found it very difficult to see specific details of what was beneath me. I'm hoping this was user error somehow - I see video online from this same transducer (i think) and what i was seeing on mine didn't look as detailed.

My questions:

1) will my axiom 7 unit work with a different transducer, like the real vision RV transducer, or are the axiom 7 units themselves configured for EITHER downvision OR Realvision.side vision? I find it hard to believe that the axiom 7 MFD itself would come as two different units, and that choice is now permanent.
2) is my current unit and transducer capable of what I'm hoping for?
3) how can I make this unit do what I'd like it to do - seeing details, knowing what I'm on and where I'm on it etc. what are my options?

Thanks!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Axiom 7 transducer issues - Greg Critchley - 02-04-20 09:58 AM