The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading Axiom sonar capabilities
02-15-20, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-20 03:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrading Axiom sonar capabilities
I am currently running an Axiom 9 with the transom mount RV-1000 transducer. I have learned this transducer operates only in the high frequency Chirp sonar.

I also read a thread on this site that said hooking the Axiom to a P66 high and low frequency transducer is an inexpensive option to obtain the low band. It went on to say that high chirp would no longer be available from the RV-1000. Downvision, 3D, and side scan would still be selectable options. Is this all correct so far?

More questions:
1) Is the Axiom capable of Low or Mid chirp sonar when coupled with the corresponding transducer? Such as B75M, B175L or TM 265LM?

2) If coupled with a Low or Med separate chirp transducer via the appropriate "Y" cable, will the RV-1000 still operate in the High chirp mode simultaneously and able to be displayed split screen? High and low chirp as an example?

3) Can you split screen to view downvision and low chirp?

4) Knowing that Axiom output is limited to 600 watts, can one expect better performance running a 1kw transducer versus a 600w transducer? I have heard this is true because of the better quality or number of elements in the 1kw transducers.

5) If Axiom is not capable of other chirp output, will it power a non-chirp Low transducer?

Sorry for all the questions but I have only operated MFDs with their included transom mount transducers. My hope is to obtain bottom readings out to 1500 feet without adding a sonar module or upgrading to the Pro version. Space is quite limited.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Upgrading Axiom sonar capabilities - a7ewizard - 02-15-20 09:44 PM