Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] C120 does not communicate w AIS CTRX GRAPHENE
02-24-20, 11:14 PM
RE: [LW11] C120 does not communicate w AIS CTRX GRAPHENE
Hello Tommy,

Louise is on holiday so I will see if I can help.

The most common cause of problems connecting an NMEA0183 AIS to a C-series or E-Series is the incorrect NMEA port speed setup in the MFD. If you go to Menu > System Setup > System Integration > NMEA0183 / Port 1, is the port speed setting 'NMEA-4800', 'Navtex 9600' or 'NMEA-38400'? It should be on 'NMEA-38400'.

If this setting is on NMEA-38400, please could you go to Menu > System Diagnostics > External Interfaces > NMEA0183 / Port 1 > Buffer soft-key > Direction=Rx and then see whether you are receiving any messages. If you are getting messages that start with '!AIVDO' or '!AIVDM', your connection is working fine (the first two columns of information are the message direction, receive or transmit, and the message time-stamp.)

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] C120 does not communicate w AIS CTRX GRAPHENE - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-24-20 11:14 PM