The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrade to Axiom and integrate the rest
02-27-20, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-20 11:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Upgrade to Axiom and integrate the rest
Forum, I'd appreciate any help filling in the blanks with this install plan.

Objectives:
* REPLACE and retire RL70C Plus Pathfinder Radar and Chartplotter. Replace with Quantum Doppler Radar and Axiom Pro 12 RXV
* ADD an AMEC WideLink B600 AIS and integrate to new plotter using N2k
* ADD Icom M506 and integrate to AIS using N2k
* INTEGRATE existing ST60 Depth using SeaTalk
* INTEGRATE existing ComNav 1420 Autopilot using NMEA 0183
* ENABLE the future replacement of autopilot with EV-200 autopilot

It’s clear that I should install the plotter and radar and power them with the included cables, and I assume plug the radar into one of the “Network” ports of the plotter (not using WiFi).
I’ve learned from this forum that I can connect the ComNav 1420 using an Actisense NGW-1-STng 0183 to STng Gateway, but it’s not clear to me how that connects to the rest of the system.
I’ve also learned that I can connect the ST60 Depth using a ST1 to STng Converter using the included cable, but again not certain where it goes from there.
Lastly, I assume that the AIS and VHF will connect to the backbone as spurs using adapter cables? But I’m not sure. And other than the Radar and Plotter, I’m not sure what else needs dedicated power, but I can probably figure that out.

I’d appreciate any guidance I could get here. Thank you.

BD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Upgrade to Axiom and integrate the rest - BDofMSP - 02-27-20 11:52 AM