Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 12” axiom pro and 9” axiom
03-09-20, 04:09 PM
RE: [CA11] 12” axiom pro and 9” axiom
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Robert,

Q1. Hoping they can share maping so I can just order a 9” axiom for bow ?
A1. Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs are designed to share all system resources. As such, only one MFD need have internal RealVision sonar circuitry need be purchased; only one chart card need be present the system, etc.. The MFDs are designed to be interfaced to one another or to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. As you have only identified two items within the system which have an Ethernet communications interface, no HS5 RayNet Network Switch should be required.

Q2. I’d also like to run the axiom pro with down scan hyper vision and side scan while seeing 2d also.
A2. When interfaced to a RV transducer, an Axiom Pro RVX MFD may be interfaced to not only an RV transducer (supports RealVision, DownVision, SideVision, and low power / high frequency CHIRP conical sonar), but also to a high power CHIRP transducer or traditional 50kHz/200kHz transducer.

Q3. Can I run a seperate 2 d transducer for high speed graphing down on the waterline?
A3. See my response to Q2.

Q4. If so how do I incorporate that into my total system , do I need a hub or does it plug into the unit.
A4. The Axiom Pro RVX MFDs feature a pair of transducer sockets ... one for a RV transducer and the second for a high power CHIRP transducer or traditional 50kHz/200kHz transducer.

Q5. Last but not least I’d like the front graph to have the option of working off the sonar in the bow mounted electric motor, is there a cable for this to adapt directly to the bow graph ?
A5. Should this be desired, then the second MFD within the system would need to additionally feature internal RV fishfinder sonar circuitry to accommodate the trolling motor mounted transducer. Indeed the RV-100 RealVision Transducer may be mounted to a trolling motor. While Raymarine does not offer trolling motor mounts for the RV transducers, they are available from third party transducer accessory manufacturers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] 12” axiom pro and 9” axiom - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-09-20 04:09 PM