The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] No pilot - P70, acu100, ev1
03-17-20, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-20 11:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] No pilot - P70, acu100, ev1
Hi,

My system is as follows:

P70 - ACU100 - EV1 to a hydraulic pump. Nothing else is connected (MFDs etc).
It is connected exactly as per raymarine instructions for basic ACU100 (as per attached).
System is approx 3 years old and have had no issues with it at all.

Issue now: P70 displays "no pilot" message with the 3 dashes. The EV1 and ACU100 LED's will light up green initially then the EV1 will start flashing red 7x with the ACU100 then following with the 7x red as well. My understanding is this is no data?

I have checked:

power to ACU100 - which is battery voltage
power to seatalk bus - battery voltage
all earths - ok
Fuse - ok
self diagnosis only detects the p70.
I have a spare seatalk cable which i have swapped with each cable (except cable going to ACU100 as it splices out into the green connector) with no success.
I have checked all connections and ensure locking rings are locked.

This issue has arisen after new outboard has been fitted. A new dash control panel was also fitted. The only thing touched regarding the auto pilot was the 2 x power wires (seatalk & to ACU100) which have both been checked for power and ok.

I am at a loss. A Raymarine repairer advised it would cost me about 300 to $600 to look at it....then components on top of that. This is not viable to me, i might as well just fit entire new system. I asked if EV1 could just be bench tested, apparently not.

Open to any suggestions, further tests etc.
Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] No pilot - P70, acu100, ev1 - Richie-mort - 03-17-20 07:21 AM