Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Navionics: Cannot remove/adjust red dotted warning depth area
04-21-20, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-20 01:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Navionics: Cannot remove/adjust red dotted warning depth area
Hi Chuck-
We have in fact tried toggling on and off Caution Areas in the Menu > Presentation > Objects page, with no effect on the display. (see dump 05) I might remember (I'm old) that I turned it on at one point, but we've never been able to turn it off.

I'm attaching a screenshot (dump 01) that perfectly illustrates the danger of the graphic representation of this "caution area." This is a pass between a point and island, commonly transited by boats entering and leaving Banderas Bay, at a 1nm zoom level, so very realistic navigation situation.

Adding to the annoyance, it doesn't even display consistently, and is often displaying over areas that are more than 150ft deep for miles. Drives us crazy. See other attached screenshot for area where it seems to have been dropped in one square grid right next to an area where it is still present (dump 06).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Navionics: Cannot remove/adjust red dotted warning depth area - randy@onlinecruisingguide.com - 04-21-20 12:29 PM