Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar no longer functioning
07-07-16, 12:52 PM
RE: Radar no longer functioning
Hello, Chuck:

Thanks for your response - I tried off/on method with no result - so I sent the unit in for repair.

I received my repaired 18” 4KW Radome a few days ago (notification 30258798) and connected it to my c95 MFD. I very much appreciate Raymarine servicing the unit under warrantee, however….

While the MFD does now seem to be “seeing” the radome, it still will not connect to it. Under the Home Page/RADAR, I get a dialogue box that says: "Radar 4kW 18” Digital Radome (-30802) Off/Not connected” (it most definitely is connected and switched “on” under its own circuit) There is a button in the dialogue box that says “On” - when I click it, the unit says it is“connecting to radar” but comes back with the message: “No radar source found”. As I say, the unit is connected and tests positive for 12 volts at the connection where the cable plugs into the radome. I have tried the off/on method as well - no soap.

I am attaching the sheet that came with the repaired unit - and diagnostic files from both the c95 MFD and the 4kW 18” Digital Radome. Incidentally, the diagnostic file is reading the serial number differently - what can that mean, I wonder?

I also wonder if this may be a software issue that could be cleared up by a factory reset? I would appreciate further instructions on this matter. Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Lloyd Bray
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Radar no longer functioning - Palio - 06-10-16, 12:50 PM
RE: Radar no longer functioning - Palio - 07-07-16 12:52 PM
RE: Radar no longer functioning - Palio - 07-07-16, 04:14 PM