The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] ST70 and DST800 speed calibration issue
04-28-20, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-20 01:49 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ST70 and DST800 speed calibration issue
My boat is equipped with full Raymarine instruments including ST70 displays and DST800 transducer. Recently the boatspeed reading has been indicating faster than actual speed by over 1 knot at full speed, although it seems very close to gps speed at lower speeds. I have gone through the calibration process multiple times, and the more data points I add, the less accurate it becomes. I even tried a factory reset and went through the whole commissioning process from scratch.

My most recent attempt at calibration attempt resulted in a boatspeed reading far below SOG, even though 1 of the calibration points I used was exactly the speed I was going.

All of my calibration was done in minimal current conditions. The impeller is clean and spins freely.

I also noted that the water temperature displays much lower than actual temp, and outside the offset range.

I have read about testing the transducer with a multimeter, but my DST800 connects directly to the STng bus, with no pod or ITC-5 module.

My questions:

Is there a way to test my transducer?
Could the problem be caused by a problem on the SeatalkNG bus, and if so how can I troubleshoot that?
Could the problem be related to the ST70 displays?

I welcome any suggestions you might have!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ST70 and DST800 speed calibration issue - Azura - 04-28-20 09:58 PM