The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] i60 Wind Poblems
05-13-20, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-20 12:01 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] i60 Wind Poblems
Hi,

I have a one year old Raymarine system with Axiom 12 and associated current instruments professionally installed about a year ago. It is all working fine except for the wind readings. Following are the issues;

1/ wind angle needle appears to be accurate whereas digital value is incorrect. Wind direct on the bow shows as such with the needle but the digital value is 150 degrees. Shouldn’t it be zero with wind on the bow ?

2/ true vs apparent wind values are incorrect. The values are generally very similar. For example, if we are moving at 6 knots into a 6 kn wind, I would expect to see 6 kn true and 12kn apparent. Instead, the display shows both try and apparent as being close to 6 kn.

3/ Wind readings appear to be erratic and generally a fair bit lower than actual.

Any advice on how to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,
Tim Holley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] i60 Wind Poblems - tholley55 - 05-13-20 01:54 PM