The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera performance in direct sunlight / glace
05-20-20, 04:17 PM
Camera performance in direct sunlight / glace
Hi Raymarine,

I currently live in Southern California which means we more often have clear blue skies and loads of direct sunlight. The bad part of this is that it tends to cause a great deal of glare with my camera. I am attaching a picture to show how this glare shows up on my eS127 MFD.

I currently have a third party analogue camera which is attached to my eS127 MFD via a BNC connection.

I am considering upgrading to one of the following Raymarine models:
a) Raymarine CAM100 analogue camera (which would allow me to keep the same wiring)
b) Raymarine CAM200IP (I would have to run new CAT6 wire)
c) Raymarine CAM210IP

Two questions:
1) Can you comment on whether any of the above cameras would handle glare / bright sunny conditions better than the third party camera I am currently using and which you would recommend for such conditions?
2) I do not seem to be able to get the MFD to "record" any video from the current analogue third party camera (even thought I have sD cards in each slot). Can you only record if you use OEM Raymarine cameras and if so which of the above allow recording via the MFD?

Warm regards,

Patrick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Camera performance in direct sunlight / glace - hynespa - 05-20-20 04:17 PM