The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom 12 can't find Radome
05-26-20, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-20 02:00 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Axiom 12 can't find Radome
I have an Axiom 12 and an RD418HD Radome. The radome is powered by a separate switch at the helm. It seems that the MFD can't find the radar at times. It has done this a couple of times and then seems to work again. It was working the other day but yesterday it would not work at all.
The only difference is that the drain line is now connected to one of the engine blocks whereas before it was not yet connected.
I have a brand new RAYA80228 Radar cable, so I'm assuming that's not it.
Is there a sequence to be followed when firing up the MFD and radar? Do I let the MFD fully boot up before powering the radar or does it matter?
I think it "sort of" sees the radar as it displays the message "4KW 18" Digital Radome (-20158) Connecting to Radar" before timing out and telling me that no Radar was found.
Should the radome need to be sent in for service, what is the procedure? Do I need to take it to a local dealer or can I send it in directly?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] Axiom 12 can't find Radome - Vettepro - 05-26-20 10:03 AM