The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Help with Axiom Upgrade
05-26-20, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-20 02:24 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Help with Axiom Upgrade
Hi Everyone,

I am attempting an Axiom upgrade due to C80 failure and was hoping to get some confirmation I am heading in the right direction.
My current setup is simple which is good:
C80, ST60, External GPS, Std Horizon VHF with DSC, (No Radar)

I ordered an Axiom 9 with charts and C80 back plate.

I am assuming that since the Axium9 has built-in GPS, I will no longer need external GPS. I do have to connect st60 and VHF(1083). I would like to add AIS transmitter in future, so I want to ensure my current purchases will accomodate AIS upgrade down the road.

To connect ST60, I ordered
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E1...0DER&psc=1
..And ..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G9...0DER&psc=1
***Since there is no hookup on the c80 for depth sounder, I assume it is connected to the ST60 and by connecting ST60 to backbone, the backbone will have access to that data?
*** Is this considered the backbone am I using that correctly?

Connecting 1083 VHF:
I currently own Standard Horizon (DSC) with an older connection I assume is 1083. Raymarine suggested I purchase Actisense converter - NGW-1-STNG to connect current VHF. would this connect into the Raymarine Seatalk1 to Sea Talk-Ng Converter linked above? Will I need to purchase a second product or can I use the same backbone for ST60 listed above?
Lastly, the NGW-1-STNG conveter is $200. Can't I simply purchase another VHF radio with MNEA2000 for less?
***If I plan on purchasing AIS transmitter and Axiom has built-in GPS, the only feature I should need on VHF is DSC, correct?

Thank you for any and all help,
Andrew
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] Help with Axiom Upgrade - aporto - 05-26-20 10:21 AM