The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom/Quantum Upgrade questions
05-29-20, 05:12 PM
Axiom/Quantum Upgrade questions
Good Afternoon,
2006 Sailfish CC, Canvass T TOP

It’s time for an upgrade. And if Chuck hasn’t retired yet say hello for me. He was such a huge help with my last electrical fun and games event. The plan is this, to retire a C120 Classic MFD and associated radar and replace it with an Axiom 12” RV (E70369) and a Quantum Radar Q24C data cable / wifi (E70210).

My network as it sits before I start consists of Evolution A/P, ACU 100 (E70098), Pump (E12139), EV 1 Sensor core (E70096) and a P70R Color A/P Head (E22167). I also have a Yamaha Gateway, Raymarine AIS 250 receiver and a VHF. There is a SeaTalkNG Converter (R52131) and a 5 way connector (A06064).
Both the converter and the 5 way are fused, switched and powered. The autopilot(E70098) is fused, switched and powered, and the C120 is fused, switched and powered.

There is also a DSM 300 which doesn’t come into play and will be uninstalled.

From what I can figure to install the Axiom into the existing network I would need a SeaTalkNG adapter cable (A06045) to come from the power/NMEA output on the back of the Axiom. My next tie in would be the VHF and AIS. I am not too sure on this move. I suspect that there is a cable that needs to be spliced into the VHF/ AIS that will plug into the 5 way (A06064) but I am unsure of how to proceed with that.
Next is the auto pilot. This I will figure by using the wifi function of the quantum. I will also figure the set up by using the data cable (which to me seems like a better install).
The Autopilot components are wired according to the Raymarine requirements. EV 1 is connected to the network backbone by a spur cable (A06038). ACU 100 connected to the backbone by a spur cable (A06038) at a T (A06028). This backbone (A06033) goes directly into the blue port on the converter (R52131). The P70R connects directly to the converter by a spur cable as well. Yellow (ST 2 Adapter ?) connection goes to the C120 and a blue terminator completes the run.
I am guessing that I will need to uninstall the R52131 and install another A06064 and power that like the other? Then I would need an adapter cable to come out of the Axiom port (10 pin) and plug in to the 5 way connector.
The Quantum would connect to the Axiom via wifi and would be powered according to factory recommendation.

My list of considerations:
SeaTalkNG adapter cable (A06045f) to connect to the existing 5 way (A06064) from the Axiom
• A cable ( if there is one ) to tie the VHF/AIS into the 5 way
• A cable to come out of the Axiom and convert - to tie into a 5 way (new)
• Remove the converter (R52131) and replace with a 5 way and fuse, switch and power like the other.
• Tie in the A/P backbone, P70R A/P head to the new 5 way
• What would I need to connect the Quantum to the network via the data cable? A network switch?

What I need:
A cable to tie the VHF/AIS or a method to do this
A cable part # for the 10 pin port on the Axiom and a part # to convert it to SeaTalkNG and plug into a 5 way
A new 5 way (A06064).

I hope this makes sense, If not I can draw a picture to help if needed.
Have a great weekend and thanks for your time and effort.
chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom/Quantum Upgrade questions - solomon - 05-29-20 05:12 PM