The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Element 9HV Bad Sonar Readings
06-04-20, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-20 01:04 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Element 9HV Bad Sonar Readings
I few months ago I purchased a Element 9HV for a new kayak I got from Old Town called the Sportsman AutoPilot 136 which has a Minn Kota spot lock trolling motor integrated into it.

For a while now the sonar imaging I've been getting from the Element has been bad. I have this constant "line", for lack of a better word, that shows up. It's more pronounced in shallower depths that it is when deeper but its still there. The transducer is mounted ahead of the trolling motor and I thought maybe it was some interference from that. So I pulled the motor out of the hull and paddled around and still had the same results. I've reset the sounder many times but the sonar imaging just isn't what I'd expect it to be and this issue still persists. For comparison, I own an Axiom 9 on my Hobie kayak and I get perfectly clear sonar imagines with it not to mention I've been with the Raymarine brand for years now so I know what images should look like. Just can't figure out why this is happening and it's a real issue. I've had to manually turn down the gain to around 30 just to get rid of it but then I am missing bait and actual fish marks as a result. It's almost unusable. Hoping to get help to fix this so I can keep it.

Screenshot 6 & 7 is the default all to auto and then my manual settings for a 1 for 1 comparison. You can see the line at about 10' and then at the bottom you can see it again coming off the flat bottom. All screenshots are from Lake Michigan.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] Element 9HV Bad Sonar Readings - chicityyaker - 06-04-20 11:01 AM