Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Track with Garmin MFD after Updating Evolution AP
08-28-17, 09:21 PM
RE: No Track with Garmin MFD after Updating Evolution AP
Sorry to revive this thread after a month. I have a Garmin 7212 and a 4210 (latest software) networked with an Evolution autopilot that had software that dated from mid 2016 or so. All worked well until I added a Garmin GXM52 weather module which apparently had a known incompatibility with the evolution autopilot's software making it unusable.

I was advised by my local Raymarine service center that this had been addressed in one of the newer software updates (maybe the ACU update to 2.17), so I had him update the autopilot entirely. Current software is: P60 display 3.07, EV-1 2.18, and ACU 200 2.23.

These updates fixed the bigger problem, but introduced the problem addressed in this thread... Unable to track to waypoint using older Garmin units.

My question is twofold:

1. Is there a planned update to fix this in the near future?

2. Is it possible to downgrade one of the autopilot components to a software version that will still work with the older Garmins (as the user in the above post) yet be functional with the GXM52? If so, which component and software version would that be?

(I don't have a Raymarine mfd and pulling the units for sofware changes are a pain, therefore trial and error method is not a good option.)

Thanks so much in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Track with Garmin MFD after Updating Evolution AP - ciguaterra - 08-28-17 09:21 PM